It’s not too late to participate! If you want to join in on the fun today (Monday, May 14) just print out the list below! We’ll be scoring on the steps of Mem Church facing Tercentenary Theatre until 4PM today!
!!!THE FIRST ANNUAL SENIOR SCAVENGER HUNT!!!
RULES OF THE HUNT
(1) The team with the most points wins.
(2) You must provide the answer, signatures, or photo or video proof for all tasks as noted in task list.
(3) Cheating and illegal acts are not encouraged.
(4) Consent is sexy.
(5) Check-ins are mandatory.
(6) Report back to Tercentenary Theatre by 4:00 PM sharp. All teams not present by 4:00 PM will be disqualified.
(7) In event of a tie for first place, the tie will be broken by a special Bonus Task to take place before 6 PM on Monday.
(8) You cannot ask questions or for clarifications. Just interpret the task to the best of your ability.
(9) If you have a smart phone, start emailing photos/videos as soon as you complete a task to email@example.com with Team Name and Task # in subject line. That way, we can start tallying scores!
I. MANDATORY CHECK-INS
CHECK-IN #1: Throwback to the CS50 Fair. Between the hours of 1-3:30 PM, find the SCC member dressed up as an Angry Bird in Boston Commons.
CHECK-IN #2: Senior Bar – the sequel. Between the hours of 1-3:30 PM, find the SCC members hanging out at Tavern in the Square Bar in Central Square.
SCC SIGNATURES: ___________________________________________
CHECK-IN #3: Practice for Commencement. Return to Tercentenary Theater between 3:30-4:00 PM (no earlier or later) so that SCC can tally up team scores.
II. THE TASK LIST
- SAT SKILLS: Write your winning team name here: (5 points – but on the SAT, 200 points)
- Come up with winning nicknames for each member of the team and write them below: (5 points for each team member)
- PHOTO: Your team touching John Harvard, tourist-style. (5 points)
- POP QUIZ: Name all of the US presidents that have a Harvard degree below. (5 points for each one)
- PHOTO: Dip a body part in the Charles. (5 points for every team member that does this)
- PHOTO: Pretend to steal honey from Winnie the Pooh’s on-campus home. (10 points)
- VIDEO: Be a performing artist in Harvard Square and have someone walking by give you money for your skills. (10 points)
- POP QUIZ: What are the eight things not allowed in The Garage? List them below: (10 points)
- PHOTO: Leave a note of appreciation inside one teammate’s favorite book in a Harvard library. (10 points and an “Awwww” from the judges)
- PHOTO: Wear as much Harvard Clothing or Senior Swag as possible. (10-50 points depending on creativity/absurdity /entertainment value of photo)
- PHOTO: Your team recreating Washington crossing the Delaware in front of the Harvard dorm that George Washington and his troops stayed during the Revolutionary War.
What is the name of this dorm? ____________________________
(10 points; 20 additional points for patriotic props; 100 additional points if photo includes Drew Faust)
- PHOTO: Find a whispering arch and whisper to someone else while in it. (10 points)
- PHOTO: Imitate lost tourists in front of the only permanent map of Harvard that exists inside the Yard. (10 points)
- PHOTO: Your team with two sundials on Harvard’s campus. (10 points each)
- PHOTO: A Housemaster or professor wearing Senior Swagg. (10-40 points depending on the Swagg)
- PHOTO: A teammate planking in each dining hall. (10 points for each d-hall)
- PHOTO: Sexxxy pose with the final club mascots. (10 points for each mascot; up to 10 additional bonus points overall for sexiest poses)
- PHOTO: Find Harvard’s three sorority houses and make the signs of each sorority at the entrance to each house. (10 points for each sorority)
- PHOTO: A tourist taking a photo of Harvard. (10 points and a weird meta moment)
- PHOTO: Find Harvard’s three fraternity houses and make your most bro-licious pose at the entrance to each house. (10 points for each fraternity)
- PHOTO or VIDEO: Reenact the Freshman move-in black out in the Science Center. (10-50 points, depending on creativity of reenactment)
- PHOTO: Your team and the Old Mile Marker. (10 points)
- PHOTO: Find a pull-off tag or sign asking you to participate in a psychological or medical experiment. (10 points)
- PHOTO: “Team Tebow” on the steps of Memorial Church. (10 points)
- PHOTO: Your team with the only evergreen tree in Harvard Yard. (15 points) Provide a reason why it is the only one. (20 points for the right answer; 5-20 points for wrong answers depending on creativity)
- VIDEO: Play team volleyball for 1 minute on an on-campus volleyball court.
By the way, who won? __________________________________________ (15 points)
- PHOTO: Who’s that guy commemorated in Cambridge Commons?
No seriously, who is he? _________________________________________ (15 points)
- PHOTO: Decide which team member embodies Drew Faust’s essence most. Then find Drew Faust’s house and take a photo of that team member in front of it. (15 points; 80 points if said team member gets a bowl-shaped haircut afterwards)
- VIDEO: Conga line down any portion of Newbury St. (15 points) Include random non-Harvard people in said conga line. (5 points per person)
- PHOTO: Do a headstand in the middle of the Boston Public Library (15 points)
- PHOTO: One teammate must try on the most Harvard-spirited outfit possible in the Coop (5+ articles of clothing required). (15-40 points depending on creativity)
- PHOTO: Your team and a Last Senior Standing winner, with a red Solo cup. (15 points and possibly a hangover)
- VIDEO: Go to the GSD Library and ask for an item in the “adult” collection. (20 points. 40 points if you throw in the phrase, “Give it to me baby. Uh-huh, uh-huh”)
- PHOTO: Create a magical piece of clothing with the word “Hurrah!” written somewhere on it. One team member must wear it at all times. (20 points)
- PHOTO: Get sucked in the portal – the Allston Education Portal, that is. (20 points)
- PHOTO: Hug the tree the Dalai Lama planted at Harvard. (20 points)
- PHOTO: Climb on a Giant Rhino at the entrance of Biolabs. (20 points for each rhino)
- PHOTO or VIDEO: Pretend to swim in an abandoned pool. (20 points)
- PHOTO: Find the graves of the namesakes for each Harvard House. (20 pts each)
- VIDEO: Locate a current BU student and ask if they’ve heard of the Harvard Hoochies. (25 points if you ask; 45 points if they say “Yes”; 65 points if s/he’s in it)
- PHOTO: When is business time? _______________. At that time, take a pair of socks, mark them “BUSINESS SOCKS,” and leave them at Harvard Business School. (25 points)
- VIDEO: Reenact three scenes of three movies that supposedly take place at Harvard. (25 points for each movie)
- PHOTO: Locate your favorite dim sum spot in Chinatown. (30 points)
- PHOTO or VIDEO: 3 teammates must scale the Lowell Climbing Wall. (30 points)
- VIDEO: Your team dancing to any song from Ludacris’ The Red Light District at the site of Boston’s former Red Light District. (30 points)
- VIDEO: 2-minute “creative reading” of a senior thesis in Lamont Cafe. (30 points)
- PHOTO or VIDEO: Find out Domna’s current location. Take screenshot, photo, or video of source of this information. No contacting Domna allowed. (30 points)
- VIDEO: Stand on the steps of the MA State House and recite some notable quotes by 2012 Class Day Alumni speaker Barney Frank. (30 points)
- VIDEO: Have a short conversation in Mandarin with the owner of Louie’s. (30 points)
- PHOTO: Find the graves of Josiah Quincy and Ben Franklin’s father. (30 pts each)
- PHOTO or VIDEO: Ask a current MIT student (Harvard cross-registered student doesn’t count) to solve a difficult math problem. (30 points; must show proof that person is MIT student)
- PHOTO: Splash around in the fountain near the Boston Mapparium. (30 points; 50 points if done in swimsuits)
- VIDEO: Do a team elephant walk in front of Cambridge City Hall. (30 points)
- EPIC PHOTO: A teammate in mid-run at the location of the Boston Marathon Finish Line. (20 points; 30 points if team member is profusely sweating like a champ)
- PHOTO: Locate a former or current Harvard Olympian. (30 points)
- PHOTO: Build a human pyramid in the middle of Downtown Crossing. (30 points; 60 points if a stranger participates).
- VIDEO: Kick a field goal in Harvard Stadium. (Points equal to farthest distance: 10 yard line=10 points; 25 yard line equals 25 points)
- EXPOS 20 SKILLZ:If your team had enough money to create the newest Harvard fellowship, what kind of post-graduate activity would it fund, who would be eligible, and what would the fellowship be called? Write it down on the back page of the Task List. (50-100 points based on creativity)
- PHOTO: Your team looking classy at the top of the Prudential Center. (50 points)
- VIDEO: Sing 1 minute of “Do-Re-Mi” from The Sound of Music in front of Do-Re-Mi Karaoke in Allston. (50 points)
- PHOTO: Go to the top of the tower at Mt. Auburn Cemetery and pose with the Boston skyline behind you. (60 points)
- VIDEO: Do a 30-second flash mob to your favorite Lonely Island song at an MBTA stop. (70 points; 20 points for each non-team member that gets involved)
- PHOTO and VIDEO: Get a strike at Jillian’s Lucky Strike Bowling – photo of scoreboard required. (75 points)
- PHOTO: Convince an employee from one of the food trucks by the Science Center to let a team member get in the food truck and take a customer’s order. (75 points)
- VIDEO: Get a group of tourists to do some sort of choreographed dance for 30 seconds. (100 points)
- PHOTO: Your team in stately poses at the grave of John Harvard. (100 points)
- VIDEO: Do the Dougie with a Nobel prize winner. (150-250 points, depending on the quality of the Nobel Prize winner’s Dougie)
- PHOTO or VIDEO: Choose your favorite HUDS fruit and take all of it from Currier. (200 points)
- PHOTO: Make a valentine for a Match ‘12 match of someone on your team. (69 points) Give the valentine to that person. (Love points and potentially a legacy baby)
- VIDEO: Successfully chase down a squirrel in Harvard Yard. (200 points)